PROMOTION and REGRADING
The grading period is February 1st until September 30th.
Any request or application must be made in writing to the Education Convenor and the Club Committee.
All Promotions/Regrading are at the discretion of the Education Convenor and the Committee.
- A minimum of 20 playing nights in the grading period is the requirement for promotion unless exceptional circumstances are cited.
- For promotion from one grade to the next, a player must have achieved an average of 55% (56% from Senior Reserve to Senior) over the best 20 nights In exceptional circumstances a request for promotion to the next grade will be considered.
- If one of a playing partnership earns promotion the partner may apply for promotion as well. The partner’s promotion will depend on how close their percentage is to that required or another good reason.
- Members may apply to:
- decline promotion for personal reasons (eg age or ill-health) from any grade but they will then not be eligible to win any competitions.
- request Demotion/Regrading from any grade for the reasons above and/or continued low percentages.
- If a partnership is unable to play on their grade night, they can gain promotion by playing at a higher or Open grade and achieving at a level appropriate to that grade.
- Scores achieved at a higher grade or open night with a partner of the same grade will be included in the average if requested.
- Scores with partners from a higher grade or a visitor will not count for grading.